Do you want to apply your talents to the growth of a membership organization? Do you want to be part of a community that embodies the spirit of Peace Corps? Do you want to be challenged, learn a ton of stuff, have a lot of fun, and make a significant impact?
Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of Washington, D.C. (RPCV/W), a nonprofit organization, is looking for stellar leaders to take on volunteer roles on committees and its board of directors. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants not just a volunteer activity, but a long-term opportunity to empower the RPCV community, support returning volunteers, and build a network with volunteers from the last six decades.
You should be a self-motivated strategist with initiative and an eye for detail as well as the big picture. You should be willing and able to support the entire Board of Directors and to work collaboratively with their respective committee members. You must be willing to produce prompt and effective results within your role.
So, what's the deal?
- Board directors have the opportunity to play a key role in expanding the organization and should have a minimum of 10-15 hours a month to dedicate to their position and at least one committee.
- The Executive Board and the Communications Director can expect to spend a minimum of 15-20 hours a month dedicated to their position, committees and mentorship.
- Board applicants must also be available for a two-day (and very fun) board retreat in late January or early February.
The RPCV/W board has 14 voting board members, 4 of which are executive board members.
Who can apply?
- Only active RPCV/W members may apply for a board position.
- Executive Board members must have served a minimum of one year in a non-executive board role.
How to Apply
To apply, you must first confirm that your membership is active here. Then, submit a 250-maximum-word essay to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest.
Be sure to highlight why you feel you'd be a good candidate for the particular position(s) you're running for.