Join RPCVs for a Pride Happy Hour! This event is open to all participants.
Sunday, June 27 - 02:00 PMRSVP Limit
Throw it back to those Peace Corps Training days with an RPCV jam session! All skill levels and music enthusiasts welcome! House includes an acoustic guitar, ukulele, keyboard and djembe drum available to play, but feel free to bring your voice or preferred instrument of any kind if you have one! Some wine and cheese will also be available, but you are welcome to add to the smorgasbord.
Event will take place in the organizer's home in the BACKYARD. Vaccinated attendees preferred at request of those living in the house. Address and contact info will be emailed to registrants. Feel free to message [email protected] with any parking or transportation questions.
Saturday, July 03 - 11:00 AM
Join fellow RPCVs for a beautiful hike in our neighborhood national park! We will be doing a 5 mile loop on the Western Ridge Trail of Rock Creek Park. Dogs are welcome on leash, but keep in mind heat limitations. Don't forget snacks, water and sunscreen!
If you are not vaccinated, please wear a mask.
We will be meeting at Beach Drive Walking/Bike Path (as it is titled on Google Maps) at 11:00am to begin the walk. A pin and map will be sent to registrants.
- The closest metros are Cleveland Park- Red Line (30 min walk) and Columbia Heights or Petworth Stations- Green/Yellow Line (40-45 minutes).
- Optional: Meet organizer at Columbia Heights Metro at 10:00am to walk to the starting point together (buffer time included so there is no rush).
- There is random parking in the park (and next to the trailhead), but it is probably not easy to deal with.
- The S2 bus will get you a bit closer.
- Capital bikeshare may be an option, but there are no docks near the trailhead. 17th and Upshur looks like the closest.
Join RPCVs for a Happy Hour! This event is open to all participants.
Saturday, July 17 - 10:00 AM through July 18, 2021Ticket Required RSVP Limit
Participants will carpool to Sky Meadows State Park in Virginia (about 1hr away). Participants will then hike into a campsite and stay overnight. The campsite is a 1-mile hike and there are many surrounding trails.
Participants must be fully vaccinated and bring their own equipment.
Cost is FREE for carpool drivers, $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Carpool drivers must be willing to drive 3 additional individuals. Groups will meet up at 10 AM on Saturday, July 17, and return on Sunday, July 18. If you would like to be a carpool driver and there are no additional spots available, please email [email protected]
Questions? Email [email protected]