Please email Jenna Smith at [email protected] with a 200 word message if you are interested in any of these positions for the 2022 term ending in December 2022. Please review the expectations below and confirm you are able to commit to the role you are applying for.
Positions available: Secretary, Development Director, Data Analytics and Knowledge Management
More information for each position is below.
- You should be a go-getter and self-starting strategist with an eye for detail and a willingness to support the entire Board of Directors and work collaboratively with their respective committee members.
- You must be willing to produce prompt and effective results within your role.
- You will have the opportunity to play a key role in expanding and improving the organization and should have a minimum of 10-15 hours a month to dedicate to your position on the board, committees, and mentorship.
- You must be available to attend the monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of each month from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
RPCV/W will foster a collaborative, inclusive, and anti-racist community of RPCVs, family, friends, and supporters in the Washington D.C. area by providing a space for all RPCVs (including Black, Indigenous, People of Color) to engage, develop, support and connect with one another while they adapt to the different phases of life. Additionally, RPCV/W will provide professional and personal development and service opportunities for its members to give back to the D.C. community.
Essential Qualifications: Requires a strong understanding of board governance, leadership development, and training. Must be committed to attending all board meetings in order to take meeting minutes.
What a successful candidate looks like: Will have prior experience on a nonprofit board of directors and a deep understanding of board governance and building a leadership pipeline. Should have a successful track record leading trainings and mentoring individuals.
- Takes minutes at board meetings and keeps organizational records.
- Ensures other board members document their activities over the year and compiles them into an annual report - works with Analytics and Knowledge Management Director to compile information over the course of the year and finalize the document.
Helps build a diverse board and volunteer recruitment pipeline for future board leadership.
- Supports governance, responsibilities and accountability for board members.
- Support the President in defining board oversight, responsibility, performance, and accountability.
- Lead training for board and committee members on board roles and responsibilities, successful fundraising techniques, and creating equitable practices in our board structures.
Marketing and Member Engagement
- Approves and greets new members on FB and follows up on any email or online member communications, member facing communication.
- Supports Communications and Community Engagement Directors to moderate social media platforms.
- Responsible for executing recruitment and retention strategies, and working closely with other directors as necessary, such as Analytics, Development, Social, Professional Development and Community Service Directors to plan events geared towards different types of members.
- Supports Development in relationship building to external partners and sits on the Development committee.
- Point of contact for $100 Friends of RPCV/W.
- Acts as ambassador to medically evacuated RPCVs in Washington.
- Manages follow up emails to members who express interest in volunteering and connect them to the appropriate directors.
Essential Qualifications: Requires an understanding of basic fundraising knowledge including sponsorships, advertising, fundraising sales, donor engagement, stewardship, etc. Must be willing to help raise $20,000 a year to reach the RPCV/W Endowment goal of $100,000.
What a successful candidate looks like: Will have successfully fundraised gifts ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 on behalf of an organization and built relationships with donors from cultivation to ask to stewardship.
- Use fundraising strategies to help raise $20,000 a year towards the endowment fund to create long-term sustainability for the organization.
- Negotiates and is the primary point of contact for sponsorship agreements and advertising contracts.
- Supplements RPCV/W revenue through various channels, including sales of t-shirts, yoga mats, etc.
- Supports Secretary and Professional Development in relationship building to members and external partners and sits on the Special Events and Professional Development committees.
- Plans and solicits donations for silent auction and other fundraising activities at the annual Holiday Party and BBQ.
- Works closely with other directors as necessary, such as Social, Special Events, Professional Development, and Community Service directors to plan events geared towards different types of sponsors and advertisers.
Analytics and Knowledge Management
Essential Qualifications: Evaluates existing RPCV/W information systems and organizes knowledge and information assets in an easy-to-use way to improve efficiencies and facilitate forward movement for RPCV/W. Requires technical and analytical skills with an understanding of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software or interest in learning. RPCV/W currently uses NationBuilder (campaign software) for member and website management. This position should build up the board’s capacity to collect and use data, clean and maintain member data within NationBuilder.
What a successful candidate looks like: Will have successfully worked in KM, monitoring and evaluation, data management and/or has extensive report writing experience.
- Collaborates with each director to identify their informational and organizational needs.
- Following initial assessment, establish KM plan to begin implementation by mid-year.
- Works with Communications Director to develop resources based on gaps identified in assessment.
- Supports creation of robust annual report and public-facing archive of historical information for members.
- Manages member accounts and other data in back-end of the website.
- Cleans and maintains the membership database and inputs monthly due payments.
- Troubleshoots technical issues with member accounts.
- Works with other Directors to promote the collection and use of data.
- Manages the database and website processes.
- Supports the Special Events Director with data and information to promote the Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, and other major events. Sits on the Special Events committee.