RPCV/W is hosting a can’t-miss event for current RPCV jobseekers. Participants will have a number of opportunities to practice their interview skills; review their resume with RPCV/W mentors, including HR representatives, hiring managers and recruitment professionals; and learn powerful tips to getting that dream job!
For more professional development, consider applying for the RPCV/W Mentoring program, deadline is Aug 15th. More details and application are here: https://www.rpcvw.org/mentoring
1) Speed Interviewing: Sell yourself in five minutes or less! Similar to speed dating, our speed-interviewing session gives you the chance to practice in a no-pressure learning environment. You’ll rotate to a new interviewer and gain valuable feedback on how to present yourself in a face-to-face interview.
2) Resume Review: Your resume is your first impression to a potential employer; and often your ticket to getting an interview. In this session, marketing professionals will review your resume and give you proven tips for selling yourself on paper. Make sure to bring plenty of copies of your resume!
All attendees must be pre-registered.
Tips for the evening:
- Dress is business casual or business professional: no jeans, sneakers, or flip flops.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume for review and distribution.
- If you have personal business cards, bring copies to share.
- Remember this is a learning experience, so be confident and have fun!