Let's ring in the Spring by going on a Biking/Hiking Picnic. Come join us!
- Meet at Blue Bottle Coffee in Georgetown @ 930am with our bikes. Get caffeinated.
- Head to Great Falls along the C&O Canal to Great Falls Visitor Center (approx. 15 miles; 75 minutes).
- Check out Great falls.
- Hike the Billy Goat Trail Section A.
- Eat lunch on the rocks overlooking the Potomac on the trail.
- Return to Georgetown via the C&O Canal
- Celebrate an epic day biking and hiking at Churchs Beer Hall (location might change depending on weather and group consensus)
What to bring:
- Bike with ideally thicker tires then a traditional road bike since most of the trail is unpaved.
- Good hiking shoes
- Sack lunch
- Warm clothes or jacket just in case the weather turns
If we have inclement weather then we will postpone the trip for another weekend. We should be back between 4-6pm but if you need to come back early that is ok too.