Call for Committee Volunteers!
Do you want to be a more active member of your RPCV/W community? Do you have great ideas for events? Are you looking to give back? Expand your skill sets, gain valuable experience, and contribute to your community by volunteering your time to serve on an RPCV/W Committee!
Committees currently looking for members:
- Special Events
- Professional Development
So, what do these committees entail? See below for some examples:
The Cultural Committee is seeking RPCVs who want to help with strengthening relationships with other organizations that have a mutual appreciation for different cultures.
- Event Planners: Assist with all roles in brainstorming and event planning. This committee will meet every 4-6 weeks depending on the upcoming event calendar.
If you have any questions about joining this committee please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Professional Development Committee is looking to plan more great events and currently has a few vacancies. Expand your skill sets, gain access to exclusive professional development events, and meet lots of interesting people from all walks of life. Minimum commitment: 1-2 hours a month.
- Events Coordinator: Coordinate logistical aspects of event planning - from booking of venue to closing out the event. If you are attentive to detail, extremely organized, and able to multitask, this position is for you.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist: Help us gather feedback about our events so that we can make future events even better. Design surveys and conduct research about what other organizations are doing to improve the quality of their prof dev services.
- Marketing Specialist: Assist with marketing material design and production. Conduct research to figure out how to best attract and retain the attention of our members. Help create eye catching event ads. Perfect your use of design platforms such as Canva (or learn how to use them). Don't need to be tech saavy (though it's a plus).
If you have any questions about joining this committee please e-mail email@example.com
Are you an aspiring communications expert, social media guru, Instagramming photog, and/or graphic design artisan? Then consider joining the RPCV/W Communications Committee. Our role is absolutely critical to supporting RPCV/W Board Members through enabling their engagement with more than 6,000 RPCVs, friends, and family in the Washington, DC Metro Area.
The RPCV/W Communications Committee manages a number of social media channels, including two on Facebook, two on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. These range from a couple hundred of followers to thousands.
RPCV/W is a safe place to try out new innovative tactics. Here are a number of activities where we could use your expertise:
- Data Analytics: Help us figure out whether our efforts are working or not. What's working and what isn't? What new should we try, or stop doing?
- Increase Engagement: Help us to further increase our engagement with members across platforms, including social media. Games, polls, contests, etc.
- Dynamic Content: How do we go about efficiently using different social media channels as they are meant to be used? Better implementing mentions and hashtags.
- Photography: Create captivating photos of our events/members for use on social media.
- Blog Posts and E-mail Campaigns: Work with board members to deliver interesting, regular content through blogs posts and targeted email blasts.
If you have any questions about joining this committee please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Committee & Programming Support
RPCV/W is looking to expand its reach in geography and demographics. We want to attract RPCVs from the entire DMV area that bring varied perspectives and can contribute to the mission of RPCV/W which is to connect the Returned Peace Corps community.
What's in it for you? An opportunity to either give back to the RPCV community by sharing your wealth of experience, brush up on your relationship-building, event-planning, and partnership development skill set, and meet lots of interesting RPVCs from different generations, industries, and DMV neighborhoods. Minimum commitment is 1-2 hours a month.
We are looking for people interested in the skill areas described below:
- Event Coordinating: Help with logistical aspects of event planning - from picking a venue to closing out the event. All with the goal of connecting people and partnering with local businesses. If you are attentive to detail, people-oriented, and extremely organized, this is for you.
- Relationship Building: If you have that ability to find, track, and connect with people and partner businesses, we need you! We are trying to diversify our core membership and get a variety of perspectives in age and industry represented to better serve our mission.
- Marketing: Assist with marketing material design and production. Conduct research to figure out how to best attract and retain the attention of our members, not just through social media but through all channels of communication. Help create eye-catching event ads. Perfect your use of design platforms such as Canva (or learn how to use them). Don't need to be tech-savvy.
If you have any questions about joining a committee please email email@example.com.