Let's check out the Fall leaves (The peak in Virginia is the week of 10/16/2023.) by staying at a PATC Cabin near the Appalachian Trail. The 12 bunk rustic Cabin is a 90 minute drive west of Central DC. There is a wood stove inside the cabin and a stone fire pit outside the cabin. This will be a chill weekend to enjoy hiking (i.e. the AT is next to the Cabin!), hammocking, grilling, firepit, board games, taking in all the Fall colors, or choose your own adventure. The cost is $40 and includes group food for Friday/Saturday Dinner and Friday/Saturday Breakfast, and cabin rental. Once you RSVP we will coordinate transportation, gear, and food. There will be opportunities to loan and borrow gear.
- The 12-bunk cabin is a 1.9 mile hike from the Parking Area.
- There is not an official bathroom on site (Attendees will be pack in a trowel and tp)
- We will carry in water and or pump water nearby using a filter.
- This truly is a mini-backpacking adventure minus the tent (GREAT INTRO TO BACKPACKING!)
- Expectation is attendees will help carry group food to cabin. Great teambuilding!
- Please be prepared and serious RSVPs only.
- Please contact me if you have questions or concerns prior to reserving your space.