Join fellow RPCVs for a beautiful hike in our neighborhood national park! We will be doing a 5 mile loop on the Western Ridge Trail of Rock Creek Park. Dogs are welcome on leash, but keep in mind heat limitations. Don't forget snacks, water and sunscreen!
If you are not vaccinated, please wear a mask.
We will be meeting at Beach Drive Walking/Bike Path (as it is titled on Google Maps) at 11:00am to begin the walk. A pin and map will be sent to registrants.
- The closest metros are Cleveland Park- Red Line (30 min walk) and Columbia Heights or Petworth Stations- Green/Yellow Line (40-45 minutes).
- Optional: Meet organizer at Columbia Heights Metro at 10:00am to walk to the starting point together (buffer time included so there is no rush).
- There is random parking in the park (and next to the trailhead), but it is probably not easy to deal with.
- The S2 bus will get you a bit closer.
- Capital bikeshare may be an option, but there are no docks near the trailhead. 17th and Upshur looks like the closest.
*Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, RPCV/W will host three types of events: events open to all participants, events open to fully vaccinated participants, and virtual events, in addition to abiding by CDC recommendations and guidelines.
If you are not vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, we welcome you to continue to attend our virtual events. RPCV/W aims to create an inclusive space for all RPCVs. If you feel like we are not living up to that standard, please connect with us through [email protected]